Phillips Carbon Black profit jumps to Rs48.16 crore in June quarter
Kolkata: RP-Sanjiv Goenka group company Phillips Carbon Black Ltd (PCBL) on Thursday said its net profit in the June quarter had jumped to Rs48.16 crore from Rs9.5 crore in the same period a year earlier on the back of higher capacity utilisation and production cost rationalisation.
The company’s revenue for the quarter grew 33.26% year-on-year to Rs637.32 crore.
PCBL is scaling up its production capacity by 80,000 tonnes to 560,000 tonnes at an estimated cost of Rs300 crore, group chairman Sanjiv Goenka said.
- Is WTO working for India and China?
- Traditional vs Western: Which attire is more popular among men in India?
- Govt to boost trade ties with Asean: Dharmendra Pradhan
- India, Australia and Japan bat for rules-based order in Indo-Pacific
- MDR rates revised to cut losses of acquirer banks, says RBI deputy governor B.P. Kanungo