CESC net profit up 3% in Q2
- US won’t resume security aid to Pakistan till it allays concerns on terror safe havens
- China will not cede single inch of land, ready for ‘bloody battle’: Xi Jinping
- 2G spectrum case: CBI moves Delhi HC against acquittal of A. Raja, Kanimozhi
- Faced with Delhi’s pollution, Modi government bought air purifiers
- Railways in talks with youth who protested for jobs: Devendra Fadnavis
Kolkata: Power utility CESC Ltd on Monday said its net profit in the quarter ended September had grown 3% year-on-year to Rs242 crore.
Revenue grew from Rs1,754 crore in the same period a year ago to Rs1,953 crore on the back of a 5% growth in power consumption.
The company’s shares fell 0.2% to Rs622.20 apiece on BSE in a weak market.