CESC net profit up 3% in Q2
- Godrej Agrovet looking at $1.27 billion valuation in IPO
- Flipkart, Amazon claim huge boost from festive season sales
- Aditya Birla’s acquisition bid may value Aleris Corp at $2.5 billion
- Rule on subsidiaries may limit operational flexibility of firms
- Samsara Group, Lionforge vie for debt-laden Dighi Port
Kolkata: Power utility CESC Ltd on Monday said its net profit in the quarter ended September had grown 3% year-on-year to Rs242 crore.
Revenue grew from Rs1,754 crore in the same period a year ago to Rs1,953 crore on the back of a 5% growth in power consumption.
The company’s shares fell 0.2% to Rs622.20 apiece on BSE in a weak market.