Hero Motors to manufacture bike gears for Ducati
- Audi drops plan to sell motorcycle brand Ducati
- RIL said to plan Reliance Jio IPO after $31 billion spending spree
- Sony WH-1000XM2 vs BOSE QC 35 II: A sound investment
- India says Chinese construction on Brahmaputra river dirtying water
- Walt Disney said to near deal for 21st Century Fox assets as Comcast drops out
New Delhi: Hero Motors Ltd on Monday said its transmission division has received order from Italy-based Ducati to manufacture bike gears for the superbike maker’s premium offerings.
One of the world’s leading motorcycle manufacturers has chosen Hero group’s transmission division to make an important component of its premium motorcycles is evidence of the company’s expertise, the company said in a statement. “This definitely is a big leap for us and we are quite excited about this new development,” Hero Group chairman and managing director Pankaj Munjal said.
“With this win, we are not only forging a strong relationship with a global two wheeler leader but also reaffirming Hero’s proficiency and expertise in specialised manufacturing,” he added. Leading brands like BMW and Harley Davidson already source components from Hero. Almost 80% of the company’s business comes from global players. Hero has invested RsRs.150 crore to set up infrastructure and also plans to pump in similar amount to scale up its operations for the international market.