Hero Motors to manufacture bike gears for Ducati
- CBI widens PNB fraud probe to include bank’s top brass
- The confusion over rural electrification in India
- One year on, it’s finally all about the ‘software’, Chandra
- N. Chandrasekaran set to focus on new businesses in smart mobility, cities
- N. Chandrasekaran completes one year as Tata Sons chairman, stabilizes group
New Delhi: Hero Motors Ltd on Monday said its transmission division has received order from Italy-based Ducati to manufacture bike gears for the superbike maker’s premium offerings.
One of the world’s leading motorcycle manufacturers has chosen Hero group’s transmission division to make an important component of its premium motorcycles is evidence of the company’s expertise, the company said in a statement. “This definitely is a big leap for us and we are quite excited about this new development,” Hero Group chairman and managing director Pankaj Munjal said.
“With this win, we are not only forging a strong relationship with a global two wheeler leader but also reaffirming Hero’s proficiency and expertise in specialised manufacturing,” he added. Leading brands like BMW and Harley Davidson already source components from Hero. Almost 80% of the company’s business comes from global players. Hero has invested RsRs.150 crore to set up infrastructure and also plans to pump in similar amount to scale up its operations for the international market.