Dr. Reddy’s launches anti-depressant, muscle relaxant tablets in US
New Delhi: Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd on Wednesday said it has launched Bupropion Hydrochloride extended-release tablets used in treating a major depressive disorder in the American market.
It has also launched Metaxalone tablets used to ease discomforts associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions in the US market.
The company has launched Bupropion Hydrochloride extended-release tablets USP (XL) in the strengths of 150 mg and 300 mg, the company said in a filing to BSE. The tablets are generic versions of GlaxoSmithKline LLC’s Wellbutrin XL tablets, it added. As per IMS Health, the Wellbutrin XL brand and generic had US sales of around $754 million MAT for the twelve months ended July, 2017, Dr Reddy’s Labs said.
The company has also launched Metaxalone tablets USP 800 mg in the American market, it added. The tablets are generic versions of King Pharmaceuticals Research and Development Inc.’s Skelaxin tablets. “The Skelaxin brand and generic had US sales of around $139 million MAT for the most recent twelve months ended July 2017, according to IMS Health,” Dr Reddy’s Labs said.
Shares of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories were trading at Rs 2,194.95 per scrip in the afternoon trade on BSE, down 0.62% from the previous close.
- Vladimir Putin to speak to Donald Trump on Syria after surprise Bashar al-Assad visit
- Reliance Communications shares jump over 14% on real estate assets sale buzz
- Yes Bank raises $400 million loans from Japan, Taiwan
- Reliance Industries raises $800 million via 10-yr bonds at lowest rate
- Maria Sharapova named in India luxury housing fraud probe