ICICI Lombard net profit grows 38% to Rs 702 crore in fiscal 2017
- EU will respond if US imposes tariffs on European steel, says Germany
- Maldives parliament extends emergency for 30 days
- I-T dept raids 20 premises linked to Mehul Choksi, Gitanjali Gems
- Arun Jaitley on PNB fraud: Govt will chase down those who cheat the banking system
- PNB Housing Finance plans to raise $400 million via masala bonds
New Delhi: ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company on Friday reported an increase of 38.3% in net profit at Rs 701.9 crore for the fiscal ended March 2017.
The company’s net profit in the preceding fiscal 2015-16 stood at Rs507.5 crore.
The gross domestic premium income of the company rose by 32.6% to Rs 10,725.90 crore, a company statement said.
“The robust performance was delivered on the back of increase in policies serviced at 1.77 crore in 2016-17 compared to 1.58 crore policies in 2015-16,” it said.
“As we progress through the year, we shall...further expand our insurance solutions proposition as well as enhance our customer service and claim leadership stature backed by innovative technology,” ICICI Lombard, MD and CEO, Bhargav Dasgupta said.
ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd is a joint venture between country’s largest private lender ICICI Bank and Canada-based Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited.
The general insurance subsidiary of the bank is a non- listed entity though the life insurance joint venture— ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co—is a listed firm. Shares of ICICI Bank closed 1.34% down at Rs 269.15 apiece on BSE today.