Fashion marketplace Fynd raises $500,000 from US-based investor Rocketship
Rocketship’s investment follows Fynd’s $500,000 fund-raising from Venture Catalysts in March
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
New Delhi: Silicon Valley-based investor Rocketship.vc has invested $500,000 in fashion e-commerce marketplace Fynd, the latter said on Monday.
It follows Fynd’s $500,000 fund-raising from Venture Catalysts in March.
The firm will invest the funds towards scaling up technology and operations.
Rocketship’s other investment in India are Jugnoo (SoCoMo Technologies Pvt. Ltd). It invested a part of the $10-million series ‘B’ round the auto-rickshaw hailing app raised in April 2016.
Rocketship will also mentor Fynd in data mining and machine learning capabilities, helping it enhance the customer experience and optimize user acquisition costs. “The VC firm will help create value for Fynd by regularly monitoring our data, comparing it with our competitors and the market and sharing their insights with us,” Fynd’s co-founder Harsh Shah said.
Fynd, managed by Mumbai-based Shopsense Retail Technologies Pvt. Ltd, is backed by Kae Capital and angel investors Anand Chandrasekaran, a former Facebook executive, Rajiv Mehta of Arvind Sports, and Ramakant Sharma, co-founder of online home design start-up Livspace. The company claims it offers same or next day delivery in 11 cities.