Oberoi New Delhi to open in January 2018, ahead of schedule
Kolkata: EIH Ltd, which runs hotels under Oberoi brand, will conclude the Rs500 crore revamp of its New Delhi property in January 2018.
The project has been completed ahead of schedule, director Vikram Oberoi announced on Wednesday, following the company’s annual general meeting in Kolkata.
The Oberoi New Delhi, which is to have 218 guest rooms, will be the first hotel in India to have an air purifier to address concerns about New Delhi’s air quality, he said.
The hotel built in 1965 was closed two years ago for renovation. It was one of the most profitable hotels in the Oberoi chain.
- Speeding up plans to cut emissions may save 153 million lives, says study
- Can hashgraph unseat blockchain as the favoured tech for cryptocurrencies?
- FDA-like agency needed for agriculture: commerce ministry
- Raju Shetti offers support to Congress over farmers’ issues
- Pharma firms under scanner for selling drugs without safety trials