Asian Paints June quarter profit rises 18% to Rs552 crore
The decorative business segment in India registered a double digit growth in Q1, says Asian Paints chief executive K.B.S. Anand
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
New Delhi: Asian Paints Ltd on Wednesday reported 18.46% increase in consolidated net profit at Rs.552.56 crore for the first quarter ended 30 June.
The company had reported a net profit of Rs.466.42 crore in the same period of previous fiscal. Its total income from operations stood at Rs.4,082.08 crore in the quarter under review, up 10.23% as against Rs.3,703.04 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
“The decorative business segment in India registered a double digit growth in the quarter... lower raw material prices led to improved margins... Our international business performed well, aided by good growth in markets like Nepal, the UAE and Fiji,” Asian Paints managing director and chief executive K.B.S. Anand said.