Asian Paints June quarter profit rises 18% to Rs552 crore
- GST rate structure needs complete overhauling: Hasmukh Adhia
- Emaar India plans to raise Rs500 crore by March 2018
- Banking sector stares at additional Rs40,000 crore NPAs
- MFs pump $12 billion in equities, outshine FPIs’ investment
- Calcutta Stock Exchange seeks Sebi nod for setting up clearing corporation
New Delhi: Asian Paints Ltd on Wednesday reported 18.46% increase in consolidated net profit at Rs.552.56 crore for the first quarter ended 30 June.
The company had reported a net profit of Rs.466.42 crore in the same period of previous fiscal. Its total income from operations stood at Rs.4,082.08 crore in the quarter under review, up 10.23% as against Rs.3,703.04 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
“The decorative business segment in India registered a double digit growth in the quarter... lower raw material prices led to improved margins... Our international business performed well, aided by good growth in markets like Nepal, the UAE and Fiji,” Asian Paints managing director and chief executive K.B.S. Anand said.