Coffee Day Q2 profit jumps three-fold due to an exceptional gain
New Delhi: Coffee Day Enterprises Ltd, which runs the popular Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) chain, Thursday reported over three-fold jump in consolidated net profit at Rs59.8 crore for the September quarter, mainly on account of exceptional gain of Rs53.2 crore.
The company had reported a net profit of Rs16.3 crore in the corresponding period of the previous fiscal. Its total income grew to Rs902.9 crore during the quarter under review, up 21.93%, as against Rs740.5 crore in the corresponding quarter of the year-ago period, Coffee Day Enterprises said in a BSE filing.
Expenses during the quarter stood at Rs891.6 crore, up 23.28%, as against Rs723.2 crore a year ago.
During the quarter, the company recorded exceptional gain of Rs53.2 crore on the account of sale of 95% equity stake in Global Edge Software Ltd.
On Thursday, Coffee Day shares rose 16.10%, or Rs34.60, to Rs249.45 apiece while the benchmark Sensex edged up 0.1% to end the day at 33,250.93 points.
- New Delhi, Beijing agree maintaining peace vital for growth of bilateral ties
- Govt forms panel to review insolvency and bankruptcy code
- A property market slump may have ripple effects on innovation, productivity of staff
- I-T issues draft norms allowing foreign banks to convert local branches into wholly owned units
- Govt to decide on capital allocation based on bank business plans: SBI chief Rajnish Kumar