Coffee Day Q2 profit jumps three-fold due to an exceptional gain
New Delhi: Coffee Day Enterprises Ltd, which runs the popular Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) chain, Thursday reported over three-fold jump in consolidated net profit at Rs59.8 crore for the September quarter, mainly on account of exceptional gain of Rs53.2 crore.
The company had reported a net profit of Rs16.3 crore in the corresponding period of the previous fiscal. Its total income grew to Rs902.9 crore during the quarter under review, up 21.93%, as against Rs740.5 crore in the corresponding quarter of the year-ago period, Coffee Day Enterprises said in a BSE filing.
Expenses during the quarter stood at Rs891.6 crore, up 23.28%, as against Rs723.2 crore a year ago.
During the quarter, the company recorded exceptional gain of Rs53.2 crore on the account of sale of 95% equity stake in Global Edge Software Ltd.
On Thursday, Coffee Day shares rose 16.10%, or Rs34.60, to Rs249.45 apiece while the benchmark Sensex edged up 0.1% to end the day at 33,250.93 points.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSRCP to conduct ‘Walk with Jaganna’ in Andhra Pradesh
- Acer Aspire 5 Review: One of the first to adopt the newest Intel chips
- ‘Padmaavat’ protests: 50 supporters of Karni Sena detained in Mumbai
- Google, Tencent, Sequoia China join $15 million funding for pharma start-up XtalPi
- WEF Davos 2018: Donald Trump to meet Theresa May, Benjamin Netanyahu, other world leaders