Tata Sons names Bain Capital’s Amit Chandra as non-executive director
- Inside a 20th century nude commune
- Snacks in office: Til ke kebab and more
- Rupee hits 3-month high against US dollar after exit polls show BJP win in Gujarat
- Market Live: Sensex rises over 300 points, Nifty near 10,350, HDFC Bank, Bajaj Auto top gainers
- Alphabet’s X sells new wireless internet tech to Andhra Pradesh
Mumbai: Amit Chandra, managing director, Bain Capital has been appointed as a non-executive director of Tata Sons Ltd with effect from 26 August.
With Chandra’s appointment, the Tata Sons board now has nine directors, including Venu Srinivasan and Ajay Piramal who were appointed non-executive directors on 25 August.
The other Tata Sons board members include Cyrus P. Mistry (chairman), Ishaat Hussain, Vijay Singh, Prof. Nitin Nohria, Ronen Sen and Farida Khambhata.
Chandra joined Bain Capital as managing director in early 2008 and is part of the firm’s leadership team in Asia.
He serves as a Trustee on several Tata Trusts and is a member of the board of directors of Genpact, L&T Finance, Tata Investment Corporation, Emcure Pharmaceuticals, Akanksha Foundation and GiveIndia.