Tata Sons names Bain Capital’s Amit Chandra as non-executive director
- Ursula K. Le Guin, acclaimed writer of science fiction and fantasy, dies at 88
- Vijaya Bank Q3 net profit falls 65.45% to Rs79.56 crore
- Xiaomi’s Republic Day Sale starts today, mixes discounts, cashbacks
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: Convict seeks recall of SC conviction order
- Idea Cellular Q3 net loss expands to Rs1,285 crore
Mumbai: Amit Chandra, managing director, Bain Capital has been appointed as a non-executive director of Tata Sons Ltd with effect from 26 August.
With Chandra’s appointment, the Tata Sons board now has nine directors, including Venu Srinivasan and Ajay Piramal who were appointed non-executive directors on 25 August.
The other Tata Sons board members include Cyrus P. Mistry (chairman), Ishaat Hussain, Vijay Singh, Prof. Nitin Nohria, Ronen Sen and Farida Khambhata.
Chandra joined Bain Capital as managing director in early 2008 and is part of the firm’s leadership team in Asia.
He serves as a Trustee on several Tata Trusts and is a member of the board of directors of Genpact, L&T Finance, Tata Investment Corporation, Emcure Pharmaceuticals, Akanksha Foundation and GiveIndia.