Tata Sons names Bain Capital’s Amit Chandra as non-executive director
- Philanthropists need to be bridging leaders: Peggy Dulany
- PNB fraud: Didn’t consider PwC bid for audit of Nirav Modi accounts, says bank
- Hindcon Chemicals to list on NSE Emerge platform
- Narendra Modi promises strict action against PNB fraud accused
- Donald Trump says launching ‘largest-ever’ package of North Korea sanctions
Mumbai: Amit Chandra, managing director, Bain Capital has been appointed as a non-executive director of Tata Sons Ltd with effect from 26 August.
With Chandra’s appointment, the Tata Sons board now has nine directors, including Venu Srinivasan and Ajay Piramal who were appointed non-executive directors on 25 August.
The other Tata Sons board members include Cyrus P. Mistry (chairman), Ishaat Hussain, Vijay Singh, Prof. Nitin Nohria, Ronen Sen and Farida Khambhata.
Chandra joined Bain Capital as managing director in early 2008 and is part of the firm’s leadership team in Asia.
He serves as a Trustee on several Tata Trusts and is a member of the board of directors of Genpact, L&T Finance, Tata Investment Corporation, Emcure Pharmaceuticals, Akanksha Foundation and GiveIndia.