Tata Sons names Bain Capital’s Amit Chandra as non-executive director
- New Delhi, Beijing agree maintaining peace vital for growth of bilateral ties
- Govt forms panel to review insolvency and bankruptcy code
- A property market slump may have ripple effects on innovation, productivity of staff
- I-T issues draft norms allowing foreign banks to convert local branches into wholly owned units
- Govt to decide on capital allocation based on bank business plans: SBI chief Rajnish Kumar
Mumbai: Amit Chandra, managing director, Bain Capital has been appointed as a non-executive director of Tata Sons Ltd with effect from 26 August.
With Chandra’s appointment, the Tata Sons board now has nine directors, including Venu Srinivasan and Ajay Piramal who were appointed non-executive directors on 25 August.
The other Tata Sons board members include Cyrus P. Mistry (chairman), Ishaat Hussain, Vijay Singh, Prof. Nitin Nohria, Ronen Sen and Farida Khambhata.
Chandra joined Bain Capital as managing director in early 2008 and is part of the firm’s leadership team in Asia.
He serves as a Trustee on several Tata Trusts and is a member of the board of directors of Genpact, L&T Finance, Tata Investment Corporation, Emcure Pharmaceuticals, Akanksha Foundation and GiveIndia.