Adi Godrej disapproves of N.R Narayana Murthy’s pay hike comments
- Ahead of Gujarat election results, BJP MP predicts dismal performance for party
- California’s wildfire now ranks as state’s third-largest
- As bitcoin, other currencies soar, regulators urge caution
- Metlife says it failed to pay some pensions, flags hit to reserves
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates Eastern India’s first CNG stations
Hyderabad: Veteran industrialist Adi B. Godrej has disapproved the move of Infosys co-founder N. R. Narayana Murthy to publicly express concern over the pay hike of the company’s chief operating officer (COO), as he justified a big gap between salaries at the entry and top levels.
“Of course, there will be a big gap because there are very few people capable of taking top-level things but I think that it (executive pay packets) should be left to each company,” the Godrej Group chairman told PTI.
“And I don’t think people should publicly comment on such issues. There is no need to publicly comment on such issues,” he said. Godrej was responding to questions on Murthy criticising the pay hike of COO of Infosys, U.B. Pravin Rao. “Each company should decide, its Board should decide. If the Board has decided after proper considerations why should others complain?” the former president of the Confederation of Indian Industry asked.