Adi Godrej disapproves of N.R Narayana Murthy’s pay hike comments
Latest News »
- Kumar Mangalam Birla revives Applause Entertainment for content play
- Donald Trump’s business councils are disbanded after CEOs quit in protest
- US Fed sees balance sheet move soon as inflation debate heats up
- CureFit in talks to raise $25-30 million in fresh funding
- Minamata Convention comes into force, India yet to ratify it
Hyderabad: Veteran industrialist Adi B. Godrej has disapproved the move of Infosys co-founder N. R. Narayana Murthy to publicly express concern over the pay hike of the company’s chief operating officer (COO), as he justified a big gap between salaries at the entry and top levels.
“Of course, there will be a big gap because there are very few people capable of taking top-level things but I think that it (executive pay packets) should be left to each company,” the Godrej Group chairman told PTI.
“And I don’t think people should publicly comment on such issues. There is no need to publicly comment on such issues,” he said. Godrej was responding to questions on Murthy criticising the pay hike of COO of Infosys, U.B. Pravin Rao. “Each company should decide, its Board should decide. If the Board has decided after proper considerations why should others complain?” the former president of the Confederation of Indian Industry asked.