Rohit Sawhney named new CEO of India Ratings
Latest News »
- Union cabinet clears transfer of AAI’s 40 acre land to MMRDA for Mumbai Metro
- D-Mart shares up 230% from issue price, market cap swells to Rs61,731.32 crore
- Fiat Chrysler planning spin-offs of Maserati, Alfa Romeo brands
- Vishal Wanchoo appointed CEO of GE South Asia
- Kerala High Court upholds discharge of CM Pinarayi Vijayan in SNC-Lavlin case
Mumbai: India Ratings, the domestic subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, on Tuesday appointed Rohit Sawhney as the chief executive with immediate effect.
“With his extensive and diversified track record of leadership and experience, I am confident that as our new CEO, Rohit will build upon India Ratings’ market-leading reputation for quality, insightfulness and excellence,” said Brett Hemsley, Fitch Group’s head of Asia-Pacific.
Sawhney was with Royal Bank of Scotland in various roles, most recently as managing director, and head of global transaction services, Asia Pacific, before joining India Ratings. He has also worked at ABN AMRO Bank and ANZ Grindlays Bank. Sawhney is an MA Economics from the University of Delhi.
Headquartered in Mumbai with six branch offices in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, New Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata, India Ratings is a 100% subsidiary of the Fitch Group.