AirAsia likely to reconfirm order for Airbus A330neo jets: report
Singapore: AirAsia is expected to reconfirm an order for Airbus A330neo passenger jets, a person familiar with the discussions said on Thursday.
AirAsia co-founder Tony Fernandes announced last week he was looking at buying Boeing 787s to expand the fleet of its long-haul arm AirAsiaX, as well as Airbus wide-body models.
The decision of Asia’s largest budget carrier—currently exclusively an Airbus customer—is seen as crucial as Airbus tries to shore up its slow-selling A330neo and Boeing looks to cement an advantage in wide-body sales, industry sources say.
Airbus and AirAsia declined comment. Reuters
- PNB fraud: ICAI obtains statement from senior bank official
- Andhra Pradesh govt signs 77 MoUs worth Rs31,546 crore at Partnership Summit
- Kia Motors to roll out first car from Anantapur plant by 2019
- Govt revokes passports of Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi
- Warren Buffett warns investors that safe-looking bonds can be risky