Y.C. Deveshwar by the numbers
- Kejriwal’s apology to Majithia a bid to reduce defamation burden: Amarinder Singh
- Theresa May warns of new Russia sanctions as 23 UK diplomats expelled
- Tech giants set to face 3% tax on revenue under new European Union plan
- Nirmala Sitharaman says no repeat of Doklam crisis
- Govt plans regulatory framework for social media, online content: Smriti Irani
As ITC chief Y.C. Deveshwar shifts into a non-executive role at the firm, here’s a look at the key numbers under his leadership.
Rs1 crore: The amount of money Air India was making every day when Y.C. Deveshwar quit as its chairman and joined ITC in 1996.
$45 billion: ITC’s market capitalization at the end of 2015-16, almost 50 times its market value in 1996.
100: The number of properties currently managed by ITC’s hotels division, against 12 in 1996
25: The number of mother brands through which ITC reaches millions of households.
6 million: The number of sustainable livelihoods created by ITC’s business and value chains in the past 20 years.
600,000 acres: New forest cover created by ITC under the mandate to make contributions to environment.
Rs30,750 crore: ITC’s total contribution to the exchequer, making it the second highest in the private sector.
4am: The time at which Deveshwar rises every morning.