Y.C. Deveshwar by the numbers
- India’s stainless steel production to rise to 3.6 million tonnes by end of 2017
- Gujarat elections: Vijay Rupani calls on Keshubhai Patel before filing nomination
- We were never in discussions for merger with BigBasket: Grofers
- Net FPI inflow in Indian stocks at $2 billion in November so far
- India up one place on Per Capita GDP terms to 126, Qatar No 1: IMF report
As ITC chief Y.C. Deveshwar shifts into a non-executive role at the firm, here’s a look at the key numbers under his leadership.
Rs1 crore: The amount of money Air India was making every day when Y.C. Deveshwar quit as its chairman and joined ITC in 1996.
$45 billion: ITC’s market capitalization at the end of 2015-16, almost 50 times its market value in 1996.
100: The number of properties currently managed by ITC’s hotels division, against 12 in 1996
25: The number of mother brands through which ITC reaches millions of households.
6 million: The number of sustainable livelihoods created by ITC’s business and value chains in the past 20 years.
600,000 acres: New forest cover created by ITC under the mandate to make contributions to environment.
Rs30,750 crore: ITC’s total contribution to the exchequer, making it the second highest in the private sector.
4am: The time at which Deveshwar rises every morning.