Tata Steel says financial statements present true and fair value
Tata Steel’s statement came in response to a request for clarification from the stock exchanges
Latest News »
- After five decades in politics, President Pranab Mukherjee says ‘Nomoshkar’ to private life
- Opposition boycotts UP Assembly, holds parallel ‘House’
- IT start-up employees are entitled to labour law benefits, says government
- 20 dead, 30 injured in blast near CM’s residence in Pakistan’s Lahore
- Reliance Capital gets shareholders’ nod for demerger of mortgage arm
Mumbai: Tata Steel Ltd on Thursday said its financial statements present a true and fair value of the company, in response to a request for clarification from the stock exchanges.
The exchanges made the procedural request after former chairman of parent Tata Sons Ltd Cyrus Mistry on Wednesday said the group could face an $18 billion writedown, partly related to the acquisition of its European steel business.
“As part of the preparation of financial assets, the value-in-use of the assets of the Company is tested for impairment as per the Accounting Standards,” Tata Steel said in a statement.
The company said it had nothing further to “comment or disclose”. Reuters