Tata Steel says financial statements present true and fair value
- UBI gets Sebi approval for Rs1,000 crore equity issue via QIP
- Gold, silver recover on renewed demand in Mumbai
- Gujarat elections 2017: 1,703 candidates file nominations for 1st phase
- Government forms task force to review income tax laws
- Dharmadhikari panel: Air India pilots guild accepts common pay structure
Mumbai: Tata Steel Ltd on Thursday said its financial statements present a true and fair value of the company, in response to a request for clarification from the stock exchanges.
The exchanges made the procedural request after former chairman of parent Tata Sons Ltd Cyrus Mistry on Wednesday said the group could face an $18 billion writedown, partly related to the acquisition of its European steel business.
“As part of the preparation of financial assets, the value-in-use of the assets of the Company is tested for impairment as per the Accounting Standards,” Tata Steel said in a statement.
The company said it had nothing further to “comment or disclose”. Reuters