Eveready net profit up 10.3% despite muted sales growth
Eveready Industries’ net profit in June quarter jumps 10.3% year-on-year to Rs22.36 crore
Latest News »
- Darjeeling unrest: GJM activists torch GTA engineering unit, ransack panchayat office
- Presidential polls: Venkaiah Naidu files fourth set of nomination papers for Kovind
- Nepal votes in second round of crucial local election
- Global gold prices firm as US healthcare vote delay weighs on stocks, dollar
- USFDA gives nod to Zydus Cadila’s overactive bladder tablets
Kolkata: Battery and flashlight maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Monday said its net profit in the June quarter had jumped 10.3% year-on-year to Rs. 22.36 crore, despite muted sales growth, thanks to a reduction in finance costs.
The company’s revenue for the quarter ended 30 June grew only 1.22% over the same period last year to Rs.371.71 crore.
Managing director Amritanshu Khaitan said his company had initiated discussions with foreign consumer goods producers to start retailing their products through Eveready’s distribution network in India.
Eveready has recently added kitchen appliances to its portfolio.