Eveready net profit up 10.3% despite muted sales growth
- State oil firms plan Rs 723 crore of LPG investment in UP : Dharmendra Pradhan
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; Shoppers Stop, Godrej Agrovet in news
- Easing price of titanium dioxide a near-term relief for paint companies
- Indian Hotels: Improving financials but yet to satisfy investors
- The rise of flexible employment in India
Kolkata: Battery and flashlight maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Monday said its net profit in the June quarter had jumped 10.3% year-on-year to Rs. 22.36 crore, despite muted sales growth, thanks to a reduction in finance costs.
The company’s revenue for the quarter ended 30 June grew only 1.22% over the same period last year to Rs.371.71 crore.
Managing director Amritanshu Khaitan said his company had initiated discussions with foreign consumer goods producers to start retailing their products through Eveready’s distribution network in India.
Eveready has recently added kitchen appliances to its portfolio.