Eveready net profit up 10.3% despite muted sales growth
- Errors in GST returns filing a hurdle in issuing tax refunds to exporters: CBEC
- Supreme Court puts the spotlight on audit firms
- Govt has not asked PNB to settle dues from fraud
- Philanthropists need to be bridging leaders: Peggy Dulany
- PNB fraud: Didn’t consider PwC bid for audit of Nirav Modi accounts, says bank
Kolkata: Battery and flashlight maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Monday said its net profit in the June quarter had jumped 10.3% year-on-year to Rs. 22.36 crore, despite muted sales growth, thanks to a reduction in finance costs.
The company’s revenue for the quarter ended 30 June grew only 1.22% over the same period last year to Rs.371.71 crore.
Managing director Amritanshu Khaitan said his company had initiated discussions with foreign consumer goods producers to start retailing their products through Eveready’s distribution network in India.
Eveready has recently added kitchen appliances to its portfolio.