Eveready net profit up 10.3% despite muted sales growth
- Pakistan ‘processing’ visa applications of Kulbhushan Jadhav’s wife, mother
- Theresa May says Brexit deal proves critics wrong
- UN council weighs measure rejecting US Jerusalem decision
- Ahead of Gujarat election results, BJP MP predicts dismal performance for party
- California’s wildfire now ranks as state’s third-largest
Kolkata: Battery and flashlight maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Monday said its net profit in the June quarter had jumped 10.3% year-on-year to Rs. 22.36 crore, despite muted sales growth, thanks to a reduction in finance costs.
The company’s revenue for the quarter ended 30 June grew only 1.22% over the same period last year to Rs.371.71 crore.
Managing director Amritanshu Khaitan said his company had initiated discussions with foreign consumer goods producers to start retailing their products through Eveready’s distribution network in India.
Eveready has recently added kitchen appliances to its portfolio.