Eveready net profit up 10.3% despite muted sales growth
Eveready Industries’ net profit in June quarter jumps 10.3% year-on-year to Rs22.36 crore
Latest News »
- Inflation to rise to 4.4% in second half of 2017: Nomura report
- India’s 1st individual Olympic medal up for auction for funds
- Air India plans new menu with variety of wines, mocktails for premium passengers
- US is said to review allegations German carmakers colluded
- S&P hits record, Alphabet weighs on Nasdaq
Kolkata: Battery and flashlight maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Monday said its net profit in the June quarter had jumped 10.3% year-on-year to Rs. 22.36 crore, despite muted sales growth, thanks to a reduction in finance costs.
The company’s revenue for the quarter ended 30 June grew only 1.22% over the same period last year to Rs.371.71 crore.
Managing director Amritanshu Khaitan said his company had initiated discussions with foreign consumer goods producers to start retailing their products through Eveready’s distribution network in India.
Eveready has recently added kitchen appliances to its portfolio.