Exide Industries Q4 profit falls 5.95% at Rs164.78 crore
Exide Industries Q4 revenue rose 11.36% from the previous year to Rs2,225.43 crore
Latest News »
- Delhi High Court imposes cost on Arvind Kejriwal in Arun Jaitley defamation case
- Donald Trump says he’s considering both Janet Yellen, Gary Cohn for Fed chair
- New legal provisions to deal with racial attacks planned: Government
- Declaring 39 Indians abducted in Iraq dead without proof will be sin: Sushma Swaraj
- Tejaswi won’t not resign, say Lalu Prasad Yadav, puts ball in Nitish’s court
Kolkata: Industrial and automotive battery maker Exide Industries Ltd on Thursday said its net profit in the March quarter at Rs164.78 crore had declined 5.95% year-on-year because of rising lead prices.
The earnings, which were better than expected, led Exide’s shares to jump 6.3% to Rs236.40 each on the BSE.
The company’s revenue rose 11.36% from the previous year to Rs2,225.43 crore. Rising input costs continues to be a “major concern”, a company statement quoted its managing director and chief executive officer Gautam Chatterjee as saying.