Exide Industries Q4 profit falls 5.95% at Rs164.78 crore
- Govt awaits Idea-Vodafone tower sale closure for green signal to mega merger
- Essar Shipping plans to double cargo tonnage by 2020
- ICC presents Virat Kohli with ICC Test Championship mace
- Loss and expectations: Spotlight on daughter Jhanvi after Sridevi’s demise?
- Bhushan Power bid: Liberty House plans to move NCLT this week
Kolkata: Industrial and automotive battery maker Exide Industries Ltd on Thursday said its net profit in the March quarter at Rs164.78 crore had declined 5.95% year-on-year because of rising lead prices.
The earnings, which were better than expected, led Exide’s shares to jump 6.3% to Rs236.40 each on the BSE.
The company’s revenue rose 11.36% from the previous year to Rs2,225.43 crore. Rising input costs continues to be a “major concern”, a company statement quoted its managing director and chief executive officer Gautam Chatterjee as saying.