Uber CEO Travis Kalanick to take leave of absence
Latest News »
- Niti Aayog invites applications for ‘Mentor India’ campaign
- Reliance Jio Phone pre-booking to start from tomorrow for Rs 500
- Govt’s OBC decision shows BJP’s commitment to backwards: Amit Shah
- Airtel, Vodafone, Idea still generate more revenue for centre despite Jio entry
- Govt’s proposed pharma marketing rules hit legal roadblock
San Francisco: Uber Technologies Inc’s Chief Executive Travis Kalanick told employees in an email on Tuesday that he will take time away from the company he helped to found, according to a copy of the memo seen by Reuters.
Kalanick’s leave of absence follows a day-long board meeting on Sunday during which members of Uber’s board of directors discussed the possibility of Kalanick temporarily stepping away from the company.
In his email, Kalanick did not specify how long he would be away from the company, but cited the need to take time off to grieve the loss of his mother, who died in a recent boating accident.