Colgate-Palmolive Q3 profit up 33.5% to Rs170.65 crore
New Delhi: Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) major Colgate-Palmolive India on Monday reported a rise of 33.50% in its net profit at Rs170.65 crore for the third quarter ended December 2017 led by volume growth.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs127.82 crore in October-December period of the last year, Colgate-Palmolive India said in a BSE filing. Its total income was up 4.01% to Rs1,042.36 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs1,002.12 crore in the corresponding quarter of the last fiscal.
“Excluding the accounting impact of GST implementation, net sales increased by 19 per cent over the previous year. Volume increased by 12 per cent,” Colgate-Palmolive India said in a statement. Colgate-Palmolive’s total expense stood at Rs790.47 crore as against Rs811.33 crore, down 2.57% from the previous fiscal.
Shares of Colgate-Palmolive India were trading 0.53% up at Rs1,120.95 apiece on BSE on Monday.
- EC opposes judicial review of AAP MLAs’ disqualification
- Govt planning 13-digit number for M2M communication
- Artificial intelligence poses risks of misuse by hackers, say researchers
- Pakistan backed by China behind influx of Bangladeshis into Assam: Army chief
- Billy Graham, pastor who advised world leaders, dies at 99