Hemant Bhargava appointed as LIC’s managing director
- Donald Trump pressures US senators to back Republican healthcare bill
- India to send 700 tonnes of relief material for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan at UNGA, asks its leaders to introspect
- Mexico jittery after new earthquake of 6.1 magnitude
- Sushma Swaraj calls for early start of negotiations for UNSC reforms
New Delhi: Hemant Bhargava was on Friday appointed as managing director of state-owned Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India.
He is at present LIC’s zonal manager, Delhi. The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved Bhargava’s appointment to the post till his superannuation, i.e., 31 July, 2019, an order issued by personnel ministry said.
The top LIC management consists of the chairman and three managing directors.