Ola to announce new initiative with Mahindra
- Manohar Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital, presents Goa Budget 2018
- China downplays report of upgrading air defences along India border
- Telecom department unveils strategic plan for operational synergy of telecom PSUs
- Fed staff pondered inflation puzzle and came away none the wiser
- Angry Birds maker Rovio hit by worst selloff since September IPO
Mumbai: Ride-hailing firm Ola and the India’s top utility vehicle maker Mahindra and Mahindra are set to outline a joint initiative on Thursday, according to an invite sent to the media.
Mahindra is likely to offer leasing of cars, financing and auto insurance to Ola as part of the deal, CNBC TV 18 reported on Wednesday.
Ola declined to comment on the specifics of the initiative. Mahindra were not immediately reachable for comment.
Ola and global rival Uber have burned through investors’ money to capture market share in India, the world’s fastest growing taxi market worth nearly $12 billion. Reuters