R. Sridhar to join IndoStar Capital as CEO, executive vice-chairman
Latest News »
- Essar Oil CEO resigns as Rosneft rejigs board on $13 billion takeover
- ISRO chief Kiran Kumar says looking at consortium for PSLVs
- Arun Jaitley to meet CMs to firm up NITI Aayog’s 3-year action agenda
- Who owns Mars? Mining puts spotlight on out of this world property claims
- BSE to ‘compulsorily’ delist 200 firms, bar promoters, from 23 August
Mumbai: Everstone-backed IndoStar Capital Finance Ltd on Wednesday said R. Sridhar will join them as executive vice-chairman and chief executive officer, taking over from Vimal Bhandari who has led the firm since 2011, according to a company statement.
Bhandari will remain on IndoStar’s board and stay as a shareholder. Sridhar, who has been associated with the Sriram Group since 1985, will be investing a significant amount of his own capital in IndoStar.
Sridhar will oversee IndoStar’s growth across its lending businesses, including corporate lending, small and medium enterprise (SME) lending, a 100%-owned housing finance subsidiary, IndoStar Home Finance Pvt. Ltd, and other asset financing businesses.
“I am excited to lead IndoStar Capital at this phase of its journey. The strong sponsorship of Everstone and other shareholders, combined with a well-capitalised balance sheet and a highly profitable business provide an excellent base for the next level of growth,” said Sridhar.
At the end of March, the company had a net worth of Rs1,542 crore.