R. Sridhar to join IndoStar Capital as CEO, executive vice-chairman
- Supreme Court to refer to constitutional bench pleas against allowing Jallikattu
- Godrej Industries board to meet on 14 December over Vora Soaps merger
- Death of a hedge fund: Why the original model is fading so fast
- IndiGo owners InterGlobe Aviation to sell 2.91% stake for $197 million
- Imax, AMC size up Saudi Arabian market as kingdom opens up to theatres
Mumbai: Everstone-backed IndoStar Capital Finance Ltd on Wednesday said R. Sridhar will join them as executive vice-chairman and chief executive officer, taking over from Vimal Bhandari who has led the firm since 2011, according to a company statement.
Bhandari will remain on IndoStar’s board and stay as a shareholder. Sridhar, who has been associated with the Sriram Group since 1985, will be investing a significant amount of his own capital in IndoStar.
Sridhar will oversee IndoStar’s growth across its lending businesses, including corporate lending, small and medium enterprise (SME) lending, a 100%-owned housing finance subsidiary, IndoStar Home Finance Pvt. Ltd, and other asset financing businesses.
“I am excited to lead IndoStar Capital at this phase of its journey. The strong sponsorship of Everstone and other shareholders, combined with a well-capitalised balance sheet and a highly profitable business provide an excellent base for the next level of growth,” said Sridhar.
At the end of March, the company had a net worth of Rs1,542 crore.