Facebook shares could reach $200 apiece in a year: report
New York: Facebook Inc. shares could rise 16% to $200 within a year, the newspaper Barron’s said in its 31 July edition, as the social media company’s profits ramp up and it expands its reach in video advertising.
Barron’s said Facebook’s spending will rise in order to build more potentially lucrative advertising into its video, Instagram and Messenger platforms.
Revenue growth will slow and the company will face antitrust concerns as well as stiff competition, but its earnings per share are still expected to more than double over the next five years, according to the newspaper.
Facebook shares closed at $172.45 on Friday, up nearly 50% in 2017 so far. Reuters
- Is WTO working for India and China?
- Traditional vs Western: Which attire is more popular among men in India?
- Govt to boost trade ties with Asean: Dharmendra Pradhan
- India, Australia and Japan bat for rules-based order in Indo-Pacific
- MDR rates revised to cut losses of acquirer banks, says RBI deputy governor B.P. Kanungo