Maruti names RS Kalsi as head of domestic sales and marketing
- Air quality in Delhi today best in over a month: CPCB
- Zimbabweans celebrate Robert Mugabe’s imminent exit at mass rallies
- India’s Manushi Chhillar crowned Miss World 2017
- Farmers to participate in two-day protest in Delhi from Monday
- Gujarat elections: BJP issues second list, names candidates for Congress held seats
Kalsi replaces Mayank Pareek, who resigned on Monday after serving India’s largest car maker for over two decades. Mint first reported on Tuesday.
Prior to this assignment, Kalsi was heading the company’s parts, accessories and outbound logistics divisions.
Shashank Srivastava, executive director, will continue to head international marketing, the company said in a statement.
Both Kalsi and Srivastava will report to the managing director Kenichi Ayukawa.
Ayukawa said Kalsi has served the company in the past as the head of national sales and helped the company foray into vehicle financing and the pre-owned car business.
“This has enabled him to develop a sound understanding of the business, and a deep commitment to Maruti Suzuki values. Having worked in close partnership with the company’s domestic dealer network, Kalsi has a sound understanding of customer needs and preferences. With Kalsi heading our domestic Marketing and Sales efforts, and Shashank spearheading our international operations, we will be in a very good position to strengthen our bond with customers as we move towards our medium term goal of two million annual vehicles sales,” Ayukawa said in the statement.