L&T wins Rs2,674 crore orders; shares surge 3.3%
- PNB fraud: ICAI obtains statement from senior bank official
- Andhra Pradesh govt signs 77 MoUs worth Rs31,546 crore at Partnership Summit
- Kia Motors to roll out first car from Anantapur plant by 2019
- Govt revokes passports of Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi
- Warren Buffett warns investors that safe-looking bonds can be risky
Mumbai: Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) on Wednesday said it has won contracts worth Rs.2,674 crore for projects that include widening a highway in Karnataka, building electrical infrastructure for a Middle East oil refiner and construction at a solar power plant.
On 6 April, the company had said it won orders worth Rs.5,492 crore across various business segments in March. The consolidated order book of the group stood at Rs.2.26 trillion on 31 December.
Shares of L&T closed 3.29% higher at Rs.1,744.90 apiece on BSE, while the benchmark Sensex rose 0.77% to 27,890.13 points. The BSE Capital Goods index rose 1.88% to 17,256.96 points.