L&T wins Rs2,674 crore orders; shares surge 3.3%
- Vice President M.Venkaiah Naidu undergoes angiography at AIIMS, stent placed
- Afghanistan mosques suicide attack: Death toll rises to 72
- CBI seeks permission to file SLP in Supreme Court on Bofors case
- Govt permits banks to sell more small savings schemes like NSCs, MIS
- The ethical traveller’s guide to enjoying capitalism
Mumbai: Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) on Wednesday said it has won contracts worth Rs.2,674 crore for projects that include widening a highway in Karnataka, building electrical infrastructure for a Middle East oil refiner and construction at a solar power plant.
On 6 April, the company had said it won orders worth Rs.5,492 crore across various business segments in March. The consolidated order book of the group stood at Rs.2.26 trillion on 31 December.
Shares of L&T closed 3.29% higher at Rs.1,744.90 apiece on BSE, while the benchmark Sensex rose 0.77% to 27,890.13 points. The BSE Capital Goods index rose 1.88% to 17,256.96 points.