L&T wins Rs2,674 crore orders; shares surge 3.3%
Projects include widening a highway in Karnataka, building electrical infrastructure for a Middle East oil refiner and construction at a solar plant
Latest News »
- Cairn Energy taxed Rs10,247 crore for creating maze of subsidiaries to transfer India assets
- SBI chairman’s salary a fraction of that of private bank bosses
- SAIL seeks NITI Aayog’s help to resolve differences with ArcelorMittal
- Gulmarg: Cable car accident kills 7, search operations on for more bodies
- J&K policemen asked to avoid Eid prayers in public places
Mumbai: Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) on Wednesday said it has won contracts worth Rs.2,674 crore for projects that include widening a highway in Karnataka, building electrical infrastructure for a Middle East oil refiner and construction at a solar power plant.
On 6 April, the company had said it won orders worth Rs.5,492 crore across various business segments in March. The consolidated order book of the group stood at Rs.2.26 trillion on 31 December.
Shares of L&T closed 3.29% higher at Rs.1,744.90 apiece on BSE, while the benchmark Sensex rose 0.77% to 27,890.13 points. The BSE Capital Goods index rose 1.88% to 17,256.96 points.