Accel’s India story
Accel Partners India’s success stories in India include Freshdesk and TaxiForSure, which were all garage start-ups when the VC firm invested in them
Latest News »
- Infosys chairman R.Seshasayee to retire next year, wants smooth transition
- Pakistan’s BAT team carried ‘special daggers’, cameras to record terror attack
- Ordinance likely to amend SEZ Act for alignment with GST next week
- Five London tower blocks evacuated over fire safety concerns after Grenfell blaze
- China developed world’s most powerful submarine detector: report
Accel Partners India is one of the most prolific early-stage investors in India. It has now invested in more than 200 start-ups in the country, keeping its focus firmly on early-stage technology start-ups.
Co-founders Prashanth Prakash and Subrata Mitra, who formed the Indian arm of the US venture capital firm in 2008 after merging their seed investment firm Erasmic Ventures with it, are now managing close to a billion dollars in assets. Accel’s most successful bets in India include Flipkart and Mu Sigma. The venture capital firm’s other success stories in India are Freshdesk and TaxiForSure, which were all garage start-ups when Accel invested in them.