×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

Domino’s to tap pasta segment, will expand range

Domino’s to tap pasta segment, will expand range
PTI
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Thu, Aug 20 2009. 11 07 AM IST
Updated: Thu, Aug 20 2009. 11 07 AM IST
New Delhi: Quick service restaurant chain Domino’s Pizza is now aiming to tap ready-to-eat pasta market to increase footprints in the estimated Rs2,500 crore Indian organised food business.
The company, which forayed into the pasta segment this week with two variants, is also looking to expand its range and invest Rs6 crore in the next two months for marketing and advertising campaign.
“Pasta is a nascent but fast evolving segment in the organised food business. Our hope is that it will go along with our brand just like pizza did for all these years,” Domino’s Pizza India senior vice president (Marketing) Dev Amritesh said.
He said the company is ready to broad-base its pasta range and introduce more variants.
“We have started with two variants, Tangy Red and Cheesy White both in veg and non-veg formats. We will definitely increase our range but it will take some time,” he said, without giving further details.
Pasta range has been introduced across the chain’s 270 outlets in 56 cities.
“We are also going ahead with a marketing campaign, including a television and radio commercial. Over the next two months we will spend Rs6 crore in this nationwide programme,” he added.
According to industry estimates, the organised pasta market estimates around Rs50 crore but is growing at a double digit annually.
Domino’s Pizza had around 42% share in the organised pasta market in 2007-08, industry figures suggest.
While 70% of the company’s sales come from home delivery, the rest 30% is over-the-counter sales.
“Our aim is to be the leading player in the pasta segment, just like we emerged big in pizza,” Amritesh said.
The company had earlier announced plans to have 500 outlets across the country by 2010-11.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Thu, Aug 20 2009. 11 07 AM IST