Airtel names Raghunath Mandava as chief of Africa operations
- Lok Sabha adjourned till noon amid uproar
- Gujarat elections: Celebrations break out in BJP camp in Gandhinagar
- Deals Buzz: Bain Capital takes $450 million bridge loan to fund Axis Bank deal
- Skymet raises Series C funding from Germany’s InsuResilience Investment Fund
- Honor Holly 4 Review: Close to Xiaomi Redmi 4, but not better
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel Ltd on Tuesday announced organisational changes in its Africa business, naming Raghunath Mandava as managing director and chief executive for Airtel Africa beginning 2017.
Mandava at present is the chief operating officer at Airtel Africa.
“Raghu joined Airtel Africa as chief operating officer in July 2016 and having well settled in his role will take full leadership control. Raghu will be a permanent invitee to the Board of Bharti Airtel, representing Airtel Africa,” Bharti said in a statement.
Christian Defaria, executive chairman of Airtel Africa, has been designated chairman, Bharti Airtel International (Netherlands) BV with effect from 1 January 2017.
Mandava joined Airtel in 2003 and had earlier held the position of director of operations and chief marketing officer for India.
Bharti Airtel has operations in 15 countries across Africa and three countries in Asia.