Airtel names Raghunath Mandava as chief of Africa operations
Raghunath Mandava Mandava currently is the chief operating officer at Airtel Africa
Latest News »
- Modi, Trump reaffirm cooperation, see China as common challenge
- Indian firms prefer men over women for jobs: Randstad survey
- Breweries launch spate of strong beers unfazed by SC ban, likely GST impact
- Gorkhaland row: BJP says doesn’t support GJM’s demand for separate state
- Nasa dismisses report that alien life announcement is imminent
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel Ltd on Tuesday announced organisational changes in its Africa business, naming Raghunath Mandava as managing director and chief executive for Airtel Africa beginning 2017.
Mandava at present is the chief operating officer at Airtel Africa.
“Raghu joined Airtel Africa as chief operating officer in July 2016 and having well settled in his role will take full leadership control. Raghu will be a permanent invitee to the Board of Bharti Airtel, representing Airtel Africa,” Bharti said in a statement.
Christian Defaria, executive chairman of Airtel Africa, has been designated chairman, Bharti Airtel International (Netherlands) BV with effect from 1 January 2017.
Mandava joined Airtel in 2003 and had earlier held the position of director of operations and chief marketing officer for India.
Bharti Airtel has operations in 15 countries across Africa and three countries in Asia.