Huawei claims to have overtaken Apple in global phone sales
- Inside a 20th century nude commune
- Snacks in office: Til ke kebab and more
- Rupee hits 3-month high against US dollar after exit polls show BJP win in Gujarat
- Market Live: Sensex rises over 300 points, Nifty near 10,350, HDFC Bank, Bajaj Auto top gainers
- Alphabet’s X sells new wireless internet tech to Andhra Pradesh
New Delhi: Chinese smartphone maker Huawei on Monday said it has overtaken iPhone maker Apple in global sales volume to become second largest handset company globally.
“Huawei overtook Apple in global sales volume share in December,” Huawei India director for product centre Allen Wang said. He said the company’s share in December 2016 reached 13.2% globally whereas Apple was in the range of 12%.
The company claims to have shipped 139 million smartphones last year. Though Samsung leads the global market in volumes, Huawei has overtaken the Korean technology major in some markets, Wang said. “Honor (Huawei’s online smartphone brand) has now become world’s number one online brand,” he said.
The brand is now selling across 74 countries including India.