Real estate sector revenue loss at Rs22,000 crore in Q3: Knight Frank
Latest News »
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Uttar Pradesh’s Auraiya district, 21 injured
- Share buybacks: Savvy traders are gaming quotas for small shareholders
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; Infosys, L&T in news
- Were foreign investors hedging Infosys’s leadership risk already?
- Big rally in zinc prices leaves Hindustan Zinc investors cold
Kolkata: Real estate consultancy Knight Frank Llp has estimated loss in state governments’ stamp duty collection from property sales in the December quarter at Rs1,200 crore.
In a report, Knight Frank has estimated revenue loss to the real estate sector in the December quarter at Rs22,000 crore based on a study conducted in eight cities: Mumbai, National Capital Region, Bengaluru, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad.
Impacted by demonetisation, property sales in the December quarter plummeted 44%; new launches were down 61% year-on-year.