Real estate sector revenue loss at Rs22,000 crore in Q3: Knight Frank
- Nasa astronauts fix robotic arm on space station in time to grab next cargo ship
- Typhoon Lan poses a $35 billion threat to Japan in worst case
- Flowers use invisible ‘blue halo’ to attract bees for pollination: researchers
- China says no excuses for foreign officials meeting Dalai Lama
- MSRTC buses back on Maharashtra roads after Bombay HC declares strike illegal
Kolkata: Real estate consultancy Knight Frank Llp has estimated loss in state governments’ stamp duty collection from property sales in the December quarter at Rs1,200 crore.
In a report, Knight Frank has estimated revenue loss to the real estate sector in the December quarter at Rs22,000 crore based on a study conducted in eight cities: Mumbai, National Capital Region, Bengaluru, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad.
Impacted by demonetisation, property sales in the December quarter plummeted 44%; new launches were down 61% year-on-year.