Real estate sector revenue loss at Rs22,000 crore in Q3: Knight Frank
Impacted by demonetisation, property sales in the December quarter plummeted 44%, said Knight Frank
Latest News »
- Cairn Energy taxed Rs10,247 crore for creating maze of subsidiaries to transfer India assets
- SBI chairman’s salary a fraction of that of private bank bosses
- SAIL seeks NITI Aayog’s help to resolve differences with ArcelorMittal
- Gulmarg: Cable car accident kills 7, search operations on for more bodies
- J&K policemen asked to avoid Eid prayers in public places
Kolkata: Real estate consultancy Knight Frank Llp has estimated loss in state governments’ stamp duty collection from property sales in the December quarter at Rs1,200 crore.
In a report, Knight Frank has estimated revenue loss to the real estate sector in the December quarter at Rs22,000 crore based on a study conducted in eight cities: Mumbai, National Capital Region, Bengaluru, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad.
Impacted by demonetisation, property sales in the December quarter plummeted 44%; new launches were down 61% year-on-year.