Health start-up AlternaCare raises funds from Eros Labs
- International Day of Happiness: Money can buy you happiness, but only to a certain point, says Raj Raghunathan
- Mid-cap IT is growing faster, but what about risks?
- 39 Indians missing in Iraq since 2014 declared dead, confirms Sushma Swaraj
- International Day of Happiness: India’s diversity makes its millennials happy
- Indian professionals hold rally to end green card backlog across US
New Delhi: InfraDigital Technologies Pvt. Ltd, the operator of health-technology start-up AlternaCare, raised $500,000 in seed funding from Eros Labs, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
The start-up plans to allocate funds towards product development, team expansion, marketing and geographic expansion.
Founded in January by Abhishek Dwivedi, AlternaCare provides doctor consultations to patients through multiple channels, such as voice calls, SMS, online chat service and video. In addition, the company also provides services such as maintaining electronic health records and online payments.
“Using cloud telephony technology and developing a world class and highly secure tech product, we are India’s first health-tech start-up that has removed the dependency on the Internet for doctor consultations as well as facilitating medicine delivery and lab tests,” said Dwivedi in a statement.
“Video call consultations with doctors are also supported on AlternaCare. The service also offers the feature to share their prescriptions or affected area’s images which reach the doctors for their opinion instantly,” added Dwivedi.
In health-tech, AlternaCare competes with start-ups such as Lybrate India Pvt. Ltd, through which patients can consult doctors online through a chat-based platform, SeeDoc (HealthOne Technology Pvt. Ltd) that provides video-consultation to patients, including billing, payments, and medicine deliveries, among others.