Health start-up AlternaCare raises funds from Eros Labs
- Income inequality in India worsens, but slower than Russia and China: report
- Stocks of capital market-linked firms more than double on vibrant equity market
- Deals Buzz: KKR scouts buyers for 49% stake in producer of ‘Bigg Boss’ show
- BPL Vivid TV review: A TV that does not bother about the future’s uncertainties
- Donald Trump promises giant tax cut as ‘Christmas gift’ to Americans
New Delhi: InfraDigital Technologies Pvt. Ltd, the operator of health-technology start-up AlternaCare, raised $500,000 in seed funding from Eros Labs, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
The start-up plans to allocate funds towards product development, team expansion, marketing and geographic expansion.
Founded in January by Abhishek Dwivedi, AlternaCare provides doctor consultations to patients through multiple channels, such as voice calls, SMS, online chat service and video. In addition, the company also provides services such as maintaining electronic health records and online payments.
“Using cloud telephony technology and developing a world class and highly secure tech product, we are India’s first health-tech start-up that has removed the dependency on the Internet for doctor consultations as well as facilitating medicine delivery and lab tests,” said Dwivedi in a statement.
“Video call consultations with doctors are also supported on AlternaCare. The service also offers the feature to share their prescriptions or affected area’s images which reach the doctors for their opinion instantly,” added Dwivedi.
In health-tech, AlternaCare competes with start-ups such as Lybrate India Pvt. Ltd, through which patients can consult doctors online through a chat-based platform, SeeDoc (HealthOne Technology Pvt. Ltd) that provides video-consultation to patients, including billing, payments, and medicine deliveries, among others.