NIIT CEO Rahul Patwardhan quits
- Barcelona to offer Lionel Messi lifetime deal
- BJP, Congress spar over Rahul Gandhi’s popularity on Twitter
- Sovereign gold bond rate fixed at Rs2,971 per gram
- Two former presidents break with tradition to denounce Donald Trump
- Nirmala Sitharaman to attend Southeast Asian defence ministers’ meet in Philippines
New Delhi: Skills and talent development firm NIIT on Friday said its chief executive officer (CEO) Rahul Patwardhan has put in his papers due to personal reasons.
The company has appointed Sapnesh Lalla as CEO designate with immediate effect. He will take over as CEO from 1 August.
“The CEO of NIIT Ltd, Rahul Keshav Patwardhan, has tendered his resignation due to compelling family reasons and has requested to be relieved from the close of business hours of 31 July 2017,” NIIT said in a BSE filing.
It added that the board has accepted Patwardhan’s resignation at its meeting on Friday. Lalla currently heads the Global Corporate Business (GCB) which constitutes nearly 70% of the global business of NIIT. He has been with NIIT for 25 years and has served both in India and the US.