The 10 Indian unicorns
- Donald Trump’s solar module tariff barrier may help India’s green economy
- Office of profit: 20 AAP MLAs move Delhi high court against disqualification
- Narendra Modi in Davos LIVE: PM to address World Economic Forum today
- Davos 2018: 5 things to know about the World Economic Forum
- Nano-capsule to help doctors in having a clear view of body organs through MRI
Unicorn—a start-up valued at $1 billion or more—has become a buzzword among venture capital and private equity investors. Some 177 companies across the world have won the tag. Only in August did India get its 10th unicorn when Hike Ltd, which runs the messaging app Hike Messenger, raised $175 million, largely from Chinese Internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd and Foxconn Technology Group of Taiwan, at a valuation of $1.4 billion. Here is a look at the Indian unicorns, their valuation and the year they made it to the list.