×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

Petronet LNG likely to launch FPO or rights issue in 2011-12

Petronet LNG likely to launch FPO or rights issue in 2011-12
PTI
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Thu, Aug 27 2009. 01 11 PM IST
Updated: Thu, Aug 27 2009. 01 11 PM IST
New Delhi: The country’s largest liquefied natural gas importer, Petronet LNG Ltd, may come out with a $100 million follow-up public offer or a rights issue in 2011-12 to part fund a 1,200-MW power plant, to be set up at Dahej in Gujarat.
Petronet LNG CEO and MD P Dasgupta said that the company may look at raising $100 million (about Rs480 crore) through follow-up public offer (FPO) or rights issue.
The 1,200-MW power plant will cost Rs3,500 crore, 30% of which will be through equity contribution and internal accruals. The remaining 70% would be debt, he said.
Dasgupta said the power plant which will use the imported liquefied natural gas (LNG) as fuel, will be built in 33 months from the date of award of contract that may happen in the second quarter of 2010.
The 70% of the power generated at the plant will be sold to states like Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
The FPO is a stake sale process for a listed company, while a rights issue is a way of raising money by issuing shares to a company’s promoters or existing shareholders.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Thu, Aug 27 2009. 01 11 PM IST