Sell all BS-III vehicles before 31 March, TVS Motor tells dealers
- Fifth package bomb strikes Texas, at FedEx facility near San Antonio
- Maryland school shooting: Several shot at, campus under lockdown
- Our 1st interstellar visitor Oumuamua likely came from binary star system
- Berkshire finally reveals price of its only major deal in 2017
- UK MPs ask Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg to testify on data row
New Delhi: TVS Motor Co. has asked its over 4,000 dealers to strictly comply with the Supreme Court order banning on BS-III vehicles from 1 April and asked them to sell all the remaining stock of such vehicles before 31 March.
“All our dealers have been advised to strictly comply with the order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and sell the BS-III vehicles with them on or before 31 March 2017,” TVS Motor said in a regulatory filing. The company is a responsible corporate citizen and is fully supportive of a better environment for its customers, and society at large, it added.
The Chennai-based firm said it is fully geared up to meet the new emission standard and had already commenced manufacture and sale of BS-IV vehicles to the dealers.
TVS has also announced discounts to liquidate the BS-III stock. The company is offering discounts of up to Rs20,150 across its BS-III models, which is valid till 31 March, said people aware of the development.