Mahindra consolidates sales and marketing functions
- CAT 2017 registrations lower than 2016, say IIMs
- Coalition against fascism sees Arvind Kejriwal, Yogendra Yadav coming together
- Plea in Supreme Court for safeguarding rights, interests of home buyers
- Bandhan Bank-backed non-profit to expand financial support to poor families
- James Mattis, Nirmala Sitharaman to hold talks on defence ties
Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd on Tuesday said it has combined the sales and marketing functions of the automotive division, re-designating Veejay Nakra as the senior vice-president sales and marketing, with effect from 1 May 2017. Nakra will take over from Vivek Nayer, who has now moved to a strategic role at the group level within the organisation. The move is aimed at reducing complexity and simplifying the organisational structure.
“The long term strategy for our automotive sector is one of simplicity,” said Rajan Wadhera, president – Automotive Sector at the firm. This is a process under which Mahindra will strive to provide best products and services while keeping the systems and processes simple and lucid.
A mechanical engineer and an MBA in marketing, Nakra started his career with Mahindra in 1994. Over the decades, he has held a range of positions in sales and customer care, corporate planning, project development, new product implementation and establishing and heading businesses in new geographies. With marketing added to his portfolio Nakra would also be responsible for planning Mahindra’s future product pipeline, gathering consumer insights and creating and managing the portfolio of both personal and commercial brands.