American IT companies
1. Which company’s name comes from the words ‘compatibility and quality’?
2. Identify the person in the picture. The company he founded is named after him. Click here to see the picture
3. The stream shown below is in Sonoma County, California. Which company gets its name from this?
Advertising personalities better-known in other fields
4. Which children’s book author worked as an advertising illustrator, and designed ads such as the one shown here?
5. This person worked for two advertising agencies Ogilvy & Mather and Ayer Barker before pursuing a career as a writer. He is credited with the tagline for a famous campaign for cream cakes—‘naughty but nice’, which became very popular in England in the 1970s. Who?
6. This person joined the advertising agency DJ Keymer in Calcutta in 1943 as a junior visualizer, and subsequently went on to become a famous filmmaker. Who?
7. This battery brand got its present name in 1964. Its name is a portmanteau word that describes its longevity. Which brand?
8. This Chennai-based company was founded in 1972 as a joint venture with Matushita. It was formerly known as Indo National Ltd, and is India’s second biggest dry cell manufacturer. Which company?
9. This company was named the American Electrical Novelty and Manufacturing Co. in 1896. It marketed flashlights and batteries. This company’s employee Lewis Urry invented the long-lasting alkaline battery in 1959. This battery brand was renamed in 1980, and the company took on the same name.
3.Adobe Systems. The stream is Adobe Creek, which lay behind the house of one of the founders – John Warnock.
4.Dr. Seuss. Theodore Geisel.