×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

Omnicom Group strengthening presence in India

Omnicom Group strengthening presence in India
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Sun, Nov 04 2007. 11 18 AM IST
Updated: Sun, Nov 04 2007. 11 18 AM IST
By PTI
New Delhi: Bullish on the Indian market, the $11.4 billion (Rs44,745 crore) Omnicom Group is strengthening its presence here across various segments, including advertising, marketing services, speciality communications, interactive, digital media and media buying services.
“India is an extremely ambitious market and we are constantly looking for opportunities. There is no business that we would exclude in India,” Omnicom Group vice-chairman Michael Birkin said. He said the focus area of the company, however, would be speciality advertising, particularly for the healtcare sector.
“We have strong partners in the country and will continue to expand our presence in association with the people we are working here with,” Birkin said.
Omnicom’s speciality communications capabilities include Diversified Agency Services (DAS), which contains a global healthcare franchise, with six healthcare communications companies ranked in the top 25.
Other speciality communications resources include recruitment communications, multicultural marketing and financial/corporate B2B advertising. In India, Omnicom has a minority stake in Mudra Communications, besides a 50% in advertising agency BBDO India, a division of RK Swamy BBDO.
BBDO India has recently won its first client in the country PepsiCo’s 7UP. It is being supported by BBDO Worldwide and BBDO Asia to serve the client. The group also has 51% stake in TBWA India, which has numerous clients, including Adidas, J K Cement, Moser Baer and History Channel.
In 2006, Omnicom’s revenue from traditional advertising accounted for 43% while marketing services contributed 57% with the maximum single revenue source being the US at 54% and the rest of the world 46%. The group services over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Sun, Nov 04 2007. 11 18 AM IST