Skoda Auto India head Sudhir Rao resigns
- Himachal election results 2017 LIVE: Counting of votes begins 8 am in 42 centres
- Gujarat election results 2017 LIVE: BJP and Congress fate on the line, counting of votes begins at 8 am
- For whom the bell tolls in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh
- Gujarat elections: EC withdraws notice to Rahul Gandhi over TV interviews
- Andhra Pradesh: Chandrababu Naidu unveils schemes named after himself
New Delhi: Skoda Auto India Pvt Ltd head Sudhir Rao has resigned after leading the operations for more than five years.
“Rao will be leaving Skoda Auto at his own request on June 30, 2017,” a Skoda Auto India spokesperson said in a statement. The company would be announcing his successor in due course, it added, without sharing a timeline. Rao (57) had joined Skoda Auto India as chairman and managing director on 1 March 2012. Before joining Skoda, Rao ran an international car brand’s India activities as chief operating officer.
He had joined the company at a time when it was facing challenges in Indian market, especially with customer complaints over sales service. Last year, Skoda Auto India had reported sales of 13,370 units as against 15,457 units in 2015, down 13.5%.