Jeff Bezos sells $1.1 billion Amazon shares with stock at record
New York: Jeff Bezos sold a million Amazon.com Inc. shares this week for $1.1 billion, according to a US securities filing on Friday. The sale represented 1.3% of his holding and leaves Bezos with a 16.4% stake in the retailer.
The world’s richest man said in April he would sell $1 billion a year in Amazon stock to fund Blue Origin LLC, the rocket company fuelling his dream of sending people into space. He had already sold another batch of a million shares in May. Bloomberg
- UltraTech Cement challenges Binani Cement sale to Dalmia Bharat
- Only 16% of initial GST returns filed for July-Dec match with final figures
- India lodges another protest with Pakistan over harassment of its diplomatic staff
- Only 5% of adult Indians establish their own businesses, finds report
- Poor living in PM Narendra Modi’s ‘maya’, says Rahul Gandhi