American automobile industry pioneers
1. Ransom E ____ built his first steam car in 1894, and first gasoline car in 1896. His main contribution was to create the assembly line in 1901, which enabled him to more than quadruple his company’s output. Who?
Ransom E. Olds, after whom the Oldsmobile is named.
2. When he was the chief engineer at Edison Illuminating Company, his experiments with gasoline engines led to the invention of the quadricycle in 1896. In 1903, he incorporated the company named after him, and gave an exhibition driving on the ice of Lake St. Clair, setting a new land speed record. Who?
3. David Dunbar ____ was a Scottish-American inventor whose early innovations included a lawn sprinkler and a method of coating cast iron before developing an interest in internal combustion engines and founding his automobile company. He invented the overhead valve engine, which formed the basis of his company’s success. Who/which company?
4. Which variety of coffee gets its name from a Yemenese port which was a major marketplace for coffee from the 15th to 17th centuries?
5. The origin of the name of this type of coffee is from the Italian term denoting something prepared quickly and on the spot. Which?
6. The name of this variety of coffee comes from the name of an order of Franciscan Friars in the Roman Catholic Church, because the colour of this coffee resembles the colour of the religious garments worn by the members of this order of Friars. Which coffee variety?
Capuccino. The order of Friars was called the Capuchins.
Airlines in Asia
7.Indonesia’s national airline is named after Vishnu’s steed in Hindu mythology. What is it called?
8. Another domestic Indonesian airline that was operational from 2000 to 2007 was named after the nephew of the mythological character in Question 7. This nephew features in a prominent episode in the Ramayana. Which airline?
9. This Indian airline is named after a plateau which gets its name from a corruption of the word for ‘south’ in most Indian languages. Which airline?