Ola launches ride-sharing service in five more cities
With the addition of Ola’s ride-sharing service, Ola Share, the facility is now available in 15 cities
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
Bengaluru: Taxi aggregator Ola on Wednesday announced the launch of its ride-sharing service ‘Ola Share’ in five new cities—Guwahati, Bhubaneswar, Kochi, Coimbatore and Ludhiana.
With this, Ola Share is now present in 15 cities, the company said in a release.
It said that the unprecedented success of the category has been facilitated by innovative technology solutions aimed at benefiting customers and driver-partners alike. Stating that Ola Share has been especially designed to reduce pollution and congestion in cities, the release said that in the last 8-10 months, Ola has been able to save upwards of 48 lakh kgs of carbon emissions along with over 20 lakh litres of fuel.
Launched in October 2015, Ola Share has received tremendous acceptance from both customers and driver partners, the company claimed.