Ola launches ride-sharing service in five more cities
- SpaceX launches reused rocket, capsule in Nasa resupply mission
- GST Council clears e-way bill mechanism for movement of goods
- Doubling farm income to make farming sustainable: Arun Jaitley
- Rahul will lead Congress with courage, dedication, says Sonia Gandhi
- Modi inaugurates Tuirial power project in Mizoram, says northeast development his top agenda
Bengaluru: Taxi aggregator Ola on Wednesday announced the launch of its ride-sharing service ‘Ola Share’ in five new cities—Guwahati, Bhubaneswar, Kochi, Coimbatore and Ludhiana.
With this, Ola Share is now present in 15 cities, the company said in a release.
It said that the unprecedented success of the category has been facilitated by innovative technology solutions aimed at benefiting customers and driver-partners alike. Stating that Ola Share has been especially designed to reduce pollution and congestion in cities, the release said that in the last 8-10 months, Ola has been able to save upwards of 48 lakh kgs of carbon emissions along with over 20 lakh litres of fuel.
Launched in October 2015, Ola Share has received tremendous acceptance from both customers and driver partners, the company claimed.