Start-ups news: Fitso fitness app raises $200,000 from angel investors
- State oil firms plan Rs 723 crore of LPG investment in UP : Dharmendra Pradhan
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; Shoppers Stop, Godrej Agrovet in news
- Easing price of titanium dioxide a near-term relief for paint companies
- Indian Hotels: Improving financials but yet to satisfy investors
- The rise of flexible employment in India
New Delhi: Jogo Technologies Pvt. Ltd, which runs the Fitso social networking app for fitness enthusiasts, on Thursday said it has raised $200,000 from angel investors.
PolicyBazaar chief executive Yashish Dhaiya, Flipkart’s former operations president Sujeet Kumar and Intelenet Global Services CEO Bhupinder Singh were among the investors, the company said.
This is Jogo’s second round of angel funding after raising the same amount from former Grofers chief technology officer Varun Khurana, Jugnoo CEO Samar Singla, and Vinay Bansal, CFO of sports brand Wildcraft in January 2016.
The fresh capital will be used to expand the workforce and add more features to the Fitso app. The company will also build a team of personal trainers for running, swimming and triathlons in Delhi and National Capital Region.
Launched in 2015 by Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi alumni Saurabh Aggarwal, Naman Sharma and Rahool Sureka, Fitso lets its users find partners for cycling, running, swimming and other sports activities.
It also lets users hire professional trainers for yoga, physiotherapy, massage and diet guidance, besides curating information on upcoming sporting events.
Since its launch, Fitso has garnered 300,000 users, co-founder Sureka said in a statement.