Melwyn Rego takes over as CEO of Syndicate bank
Mangaluru: Melwyn Rego, former chairman of the Bank of India, has been appointed as managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Manipal-based Syndicate Bank.
Rego assumed charge on 1 July, a bank press release said. He had earlier served as deputy managing director of IDBI Bank, CEO of IDBI Homefinance and as its Head- International Banking Division spearheading the overseas initiatives of IDBI, it added.
- Nifty hits 11,000 mark, Sensex past 36,000 for the first time
- Thousands stranded, scores injured in snowbound Tokyo
- Asia wakes to Donald Trump’s big trade move with tariffs aimed at them
- Market Live: Nifty hits 11,000, Sensex crosses 36,000, RIL, Axis Bank shares rise
- Tata Group sees big opportunity to grow in financial services