Melwyn Rego takes over as CEO of Syndicate bank
Mangaluru: Melwyn Rego, former chairman of the Bank of India, has been appointed as managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Manipal-based Syndicate Bank.
Rego assumed charge on 1 July, a bank press release said. He had earlier served as deputy managing director of IDBI Bank, CEO of IDBI Homefinance and as its Head- International Banking Division spearheading the overseas initiatives of IDBI, it added.
- FY18 earnings estimates may need to be cut further, say brokerages
- Faulty hip implants: Johnson & Johnson may have to pay each patient Rs20 lakh
- Pepsi to introduce cola in glass bottles that don’t need to be returned
- India expects big win in ICJ election today
- Modi govt set to roll out ‘social security for all’ plan