Melwyn Rego takes over as CEO of Syndicate bank
Mangaluru: Melwyn Rego, former chairman of the Bank of India, has been appointed as managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Manipal-based Syndicate Bank.
Rego assumed charge on 1 July, a bank press release said. He had earlier served as deputy managing director of IDBI Bank, CEO of IDBI Homefinance and as its Head- International Banking Division spearheading the overseas initiatives of IDBI, it added.
- Over 5000 innovators ready for Mentor India campaign led by Niti Aayog
- Twitter suspends 300,000 accounts tied to terrorism in 2017
- Sri Sri Ayurveda to launch its products in 30 more countries
- New Amazon headquarters may come up in Brooklyn, and not New York
- India to supply over half of Asia’s workforce over coming decade: report