Brands named after places
1.This cement brand is named after a town and mandal in Cuddapah district, where one of the major factories of this brand is located. Which brand?
2. This major paper manufacturing firm takes its name from a town in Chandrapur district of Maharashtra. The railway station in this place is named Balharshah, which was the earlier name of this place. Which company/town?
Ballarpur, which gives its name to Ballarpur Industries Ltd (Bilt).
3. This town in Nashik district of Maharashtra was the location of one of the first sugar mills in India, founded in 1933 by Walchand Hirachand. The town is best known because a confectionary brand is named after it. Which brand/place?
Sports teams named after industries
4. This factory was formally established as an ordnance storage depot in 1671 in London. By the 19th century, it carried out armaments manufacture, ammunition proofing and explosives research. In 1886, the workers at this factory organized themselves into a football team and played their first match. Which club resulted?
5. This NBA franchise was founded in 1967. This was around the time when Boeing won the contract to develop the 2707. The franchise was named in honour of Boeing’s project, although contract was eventually cancelled after four years. Which franchise?
6. This is a major Goa-based mining company founded in 1941, and is named after the founding family’s surname. One of the major reasons for its prominence is its ownership and support of a football club. Which club/company?
Bottled water brands
7. This brand of mineral water, introduced by a soft drink major, was first distributed in Wichita, Kansas in 1994. By 2003, it had become the top selling water brand in the US. It recently admitted that the abbreviation PWS mentioned on its bottles meant ‘public water source’, and thus was at the centre of a controversy. Which brand?
8. Which mineral water brand is named after a spring located in the Gard district in southern France?
9. In 1789, the Marquis de Lessert was suffering from kidney and liver ailments. His health improved considerably after he consumed water from a natural spring called the St Catherine source. The medicinal properties of this water became well known, and it began to be bottled. Which brand of mineral water originated?