TVS Motor Q1 profit jumps 21% to Rs 121.25 crore
- Ursula K. Le Guin, acclaimed writer of science fiction and fantasy, dies at 88
- Vijaya Bank Q3 net profit falls 65.45% to Rs79.56 crore
- Xiaomi’s Republic Day Sale starts today, mixes discounts, cashbacks
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: Convict seeks recall of SC conviction order
- Idea Cellular Q3 net loss expands to Rs1,285 crore
Chennai: TVS Motor Co. Ltd reported a 21.2% increase in first-quarter profit, missing analysts’ estimates.
Net profit at the two-wheeler maker increased to Rs. 121.25 crore from Rs.100.08 crore a year earlier. A Bloomberg survey of analysts had estimated a profit of Rs.123.10 crore.
Net sales rose to Rs.2,852.59 crore from Rs.2,543.59 crore a year ago.
Analysts estimated sales at Rs.3, 051.60 crore.
On Tueday, TVS Motor’s shares fell 3.08% to Rs.291.40 on BSE, while the exchanges Sensex lost 0.42%.