L&T shares surge nearly 4% after Q3 earnings
New Delhi: Shares of Larsen and Toubro (L&T) on Thursday surged nearly 4% after the company reported a 48.41% jump in consolidated net profit for the third quarter ended 31 December 2017.
The stock gained 3.74% to touch its one-year high of Rs1,469.60 on BSE. Similarly, shares of the company went up by 3.77% to Rs1,470 on NSE.
The infrastructure giant on Wednesday reported 48.41% jump in consolidated net profit at Rs1,618 crore for the third quarter ended 31 December 2017. It had posted a net profit of Rs1,090 crore in October-December quarter in the year-ago period, L&T said in a filing to the BSE.
L&T’s total income was up 9.03% during the quarter under review at Rs28,960.36 crore, against Rs26,561.25 crore in the corresponding quarter.
- Donald Trump revives push for limits on immigrants bringing family
- Samsung to slash OLED panel production as iPhone X demand disappoints: report
- Market Live: Sensex rises 150 points, Nifty above 10,400, bank stocks extend losses
- Rupee hits two-month low against US dollar, bond yields at two-year high
- CBI won’t disclose expenses incurred to bring back Vijay Mallya, Lalit Modi