Century Ply head Sajjan Bhajanka to step down as independent director of Emami
Kolkata: Sajjan Bhajanka, chairman of Century Plyboards (India) Ltd, is stepping down as independent director of Emami Ltd, and is to be replaced by another Kolkata-based businessman, C.K. Dhanuka, on the board of the consumer goods maker.
Bhajanka said he was independent director for three years, but did not wish to continue because he wanted to focus on the expansion of his own company.
He will be replaced by Dhanuka, chairman of the Dhunseri Group, which has interests in petrochemicals and tea.
- Donald Trump pressures US senators to back Republican healthcare bill
- India to send 700 tonnes of relief material for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan at UNGA, asks its leaders to introspect
- Mexico jittery after new earthquake of 6.1 magnitude
- Sushma Swaraj calls for early start of negotiations for UNSC reforms