Century Ply head Sajjan Bhajanka to step down as independent director of Emami
Kolkata: Sajjan Bhajanka, chairman of Century Plyboards (India) Ltd, is stepping down as independent director of Emami Ltd, and is to be replaced by another Kolkata-based businessman, C.K. Dhanuka, on the board of the consumer goods maker.
Bhajanka said he was independent director for three years, but did not wish to continue because he wanted to focus on the expansion of his own company.
He will be replaced by Dhanuka, chairman of the Dhunseri Group, which has interests in petrochemicals and tea.
- Siddharth Parekh’s Paragon Partners raises $120 million for its first PE fund
- Fans will drive the media business: Sudhanshu Vats of Viacom18
- Union Bank of India starts roadshows abroad to raise Rs2,000 crore through QIP
- Rahul Gandhi to take over as Congress president ahead of Gujarat polls
- Biocon shares rise 6% after Bengaluru unit gets US FDA clearance