Century Ply head Sajjan Bhajanka to step down as independent director of Emami
Kolkata: Sajjan Bhajanka, chairman of Century Plyboards (India) Ltd, is stepping down as independent director of Emami Ltd, and is to be replaced by another Kolkata-based businessman, C.K. Dhanuka, on the board of the consumer goods maker.
Bhajanka said he was independent director for three years, but did not wish to continue because he wanted to focus on the expansion of his own company.
He will be replaced by Dhanuka, chairman of the Dhunseri Group, which has interests in petrochemicals and tea.
- Satyam case: Price Waterhouse moves SAT against Sebi order
- India a favourable market for fashion retailers, says report
- Direct tax mop-up jumps 19% to Rs6.89 trillion this fiscal
- TCS on client win spree, expands pact with US acoustic company Shure
- Benjamin Netanyahu says US embassy could move to Jerusalem within a year