Gillette India Q2 net profit rises 17% to Rs64 crore
New Delhi: Gillette India Ltd on Monday reported a 17.32% increase in its net profit at Rs64.34 crore for the quarter ended September. The company, which follows July-June financial year, had posted a net profit at Rs54.84 crore during the same period of the previous fiscal, Gillette India said in a regulatory filing.
Total income during the quarter under review stood at Rs409.15 crore as against Rs428.17 crore in the year-ago period.
“Driven by focus on brand fundamentals, the comparable sales were up 10% versus year ago,” the company said, adding that reported sales were down 3% due to changes in treatment of indirect taxes post GST.
While sales in grooming segment was up 1%, sales in oral care was up 35% compared to the year ago period, it added.
Gillette India stock closed 2.12% down at Rs5,861.35 apiece on BSE on Monday, while the Sensex fell 0.84% to close at Rs33,033.56 points.
- Gujarat elections: Congress, Hardik Patel deceiving each other on reservation, says Arun Jaitley
- Only 23% of donated organs are transplanted to needy patients: health ministry
- Zimbabwe’s Emmerson Mnangagwa to be sworn in as president on Friday
- BIS to frame hallmark standards for 24 carat gold jewellery
- Karnataka’s black magic law a bridge for Siddaramaiah before assembly polls