Matrimony.com files draft IPO papers with Sebi a second time
- Govt approves Rs2,600 crore package for leather industry
- We want to participate in India’s growth story: David Kohler
- Winter crops sowing done in 80% of crop area
- Bankers meet Jaitley, seek tax breaks for haircuts taken during NPA resolution
- Dengue death: Fortis charged 1,700% premium on some medical devices, says NPPA
Matrimony.com Ltd, which operates the matchmaking website Matrimony.com, on Monday filed a draft red herring prospectus with the markets regulator for its proposed initial public offering (IPO).
This is Matrimony.com’s second attempt to tap the primary markets after it had previously filed its draft IPO prospectus in August 2015.
The company was, however, unable to launch its initial share sale and allowed the approval to lapse. The latest attempt consists of a fresh issue of shares aggregating up to Rs130 crore and an offer for sale of up to 3.7 million shares. The offer for sale will see Matrimony’s investor Bessemer Venture Partners make a complete exit from the company, while Mayfield will sell part of its stake.
Matrimony.com will use proceeds from the share sale for advertising and business promotion activities, purchase of land for construction of an office in Chennai, and repayment of overdraft facilities.